Export thread

2” strip of uncut grass

Chuckdiesel

Chuckdiesel

I have a JD LA 125 with bagger. Just recently notice that it is leaving a 2” strip of grass that is on the bagger side of the deck. I replaced the spindles at @300 hours and i am at 525 now. Blade is sharp and on tight. Spindles again? Need ideas and suggestion. The strip is about 3 or 4 inches from the outside edge of the deck.
thanks

M

mechanic mark

Do you have grease fittings on your spindles? How often do you grease them? Is 2” strip of grass on level turf or uneven turf?

Chuckdiesel

Chuckdiesel

Do you have grease fittings on your spindles? How often do you grease them? Is 2” strip of grass on level turf or uneven turf?
i believe the spindle is sealed without a grease fitting. The lawn is level. Thanks

S

slomo

Inspect your blade. Remove it and spoon it against a new blade.

slomo

Chuckdiesel

Chuckdiesel

Inspect your blade. Remove it and spoon it against a new blade.

slomo
Update! I inspected the blade, spooned against the other set. Seems normal. I sharpened the blades and cleaned under the deck. Spindles seem fine as well. Mowed a few strips today and examined the cut. I am inclined to think what I am observing is where the rear wheel compresses the grass and it doesn’t immedi stand back up giving the appearance that it isn’t cut. I ruffled up the grass in the tire track and it seems to be all the same height! We have had extremely wet weather here and I plan totake another look if the grass ever dries out. I may have over reacted a little but mowing is a lot of fun!
thanks for your help