1st gen Kobalt 80v circuit board (not self propelled)

HiTekRedNeck

Threads
  • / 1st gen Kobalt 80v circuit board (not self propelled)
Hello,
Found this mower on the street with no battery. Bought a battery and found the relay clicks but no voltage to motor. I cannot find any info online or get in touch with Kobalt.
It's a shot in the dark, but anyone have experiece with this?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6720.jpg
    IMG_6720.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 15

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd guess it's a brushless motor, runs on AC. Those square gizmos are switching transistors, the black round things are capacitors that time the switching for the correct AC supply. I'd also guess it's been run on low voltage or stalled out and the transistors are shot. But first off I'd look real hard for a fuse in the circuit somewhere, has to be one. The relay coil runs on a separate lower voltage than the motor.

MowerMike

Threads
I'd guess it's a brushless motor, runs on AC. Those square gizmos are switching transistors, the black round things are capacitors that time the switching for the correct AC supply. I'd also guess it's been run on low voltage or stalled out and the transistors are shot. But first off I'd look real hard for a fuse in the circuit somewhere, has to be one. The relay coil runs on a separate lower voltage than the motor.

The fuse is probably integrated into the removable safety key. If the key is missing, the mower will not run. If the key is present, remove it and check it with an ohmmeter for continuity (zero resistance). The relay coil is 24 Vdc, so it does not operate directly from the 80 volt battery. The capacitors could be shot, too. Or the relay contacts could be fried. Who knows ?