1999 61" Turf Tiger front end configuration question.

yardape249

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 1999 61" Turf Tiger front end configuration question.
I was mowing the lawn last week and when I turned around for the next pass I noticed a large piece of metal in the lawn. As I got closer I saw that it was a large wheel. Then I looked down at my machine and saw that it only had one front wheel. I was stunned. I unbolted the broken piece from the machine and took it to the dealer with the wheel and had it welded back on.

After reinstalling the wheel assembly I noticed that it was a different configuration then the other side. The right side has a bend in it and the piece I repaired is straight. Well I spend the next hour walking my yard trying to find the missing piece. No luck. I then went to the parts breakdown and found that there are two types of wheel extensions used on this machine. A right and left hand with the right having a bend and the left being straight.

I feel real stupid here.

Does anyone know why Scag would have built the mower with the right front wheel being offset outward and the left front wheel being more inward and straight?

I will ask the dealer on Monday. This is driving my OCD off of the charts.

Thanks
Rich

yardape249

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 1999 61" Turf Tiger front end configuration question.
I did check with the dealer and he said that either the deck or the frame is offset on these zero turn mowers. In the case of the 1999 Turf Tiger, the frame is what is offset. It is all about the balance of the machine. I can't believe I never noticed this before now.