1998 721D Grasshopper Hydro Pump Issue

zeek86

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, so my 98 grasshopper finally hit 1000 hours and I did a transmission fluid change and filter change while I was at it using the hydromax fluid. Since I did this my left stick loses power when I use it, a problem that was not present prior to the fluid change. I have tried for about 5 hours now on and off trying to bleed air out. I jacked it up off and the ground, let it run on idle for 10 minutes, moved the sticks back and forth slowly and for 5 second pauses, everything looks good and I don't see a bunch of bubbles after 10 minutes. I put my tires on and go drive and I hear the transmission roll to a stop on my left stick, if I ease up it will regain power and work for another push and then lose power. I can't help but think it's air since this only happened after the change but I cannot for the life of me get it out, any suggestions? Thank you.

Last edited:

zeek86

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I figured it out, had a small leak on the incoming line due to the crappy spring fittings grasshopper used on that year, used a hose clamp and it's back to normal.