Export thread

1993 Cub Cadet Question - Piece that is just laying on the deck....trying to figure out where it goes

chadharter

chadharter

I have a 1993 Cub Cadet Rear Engine mower. I noticed today on the deck, a piece that was just laying there on the deck. It's attached to what appears to be a belt guard via a steel wire that's obviously used for adjusting something. Based on the manual, I believe it's the Lower Inside Belt Guard. It's just laying on top of the deck, not attached to anything. I can't for the life of me figure out where it goes. Picture below for reference. If anyone has any help or recommendations to provide, I'd appreciate it.

IMG_1583.jpg

cpurvis

cpurvis

Should be able to find it here.

chadharter

chadharter

It's the 133B582B100. I've looked at the manual but I cannot find the part in the schematic, even though it shows the piece in the manual under the brake adjustment.

chadharter

chadharter

From the manual, it shows this schematic, but I'm not sure exactly where it mounts too...

1599959192066.png

cpurvis

cpurvis

Sorry, I deleted my first post. Maybe the part isn't from the deck?

cpurvis

cpurvis

Does your brake work?

chadharter

chadharter

When I push the brake, it acts more like a clutch. Doesn't really stop the mower but takes it out of gear, just kind of rolls to a stop. I'm sure it has something to do with the brake but I just don't know where it bolts on.

chadharter

chadharter

And based on the schematic, my best guess is below, according to this, it actually attaches back by rear axle......Part in question is #60.

1599961432261.png