1974 Briggs push mower

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
How did you find out it's a 1974 model?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
The info about the engine will be on it...!

TheWedge

Threads
I got the year off the code on the engine. I tired running vin decoders on the internet and I’ve had no luck finding anything

Threads
Wedge the Model - Type - code are the numbers we need....... They will be above the spark plug stamped into the metal... Or above the muffler stamped into the metal...........

Give us those numbers and we can give you more info on your engine such as part numbers and such............

Let us know ..............

Threads
Yep that's what I was looking for........ The white cover is the ones I wanted and that is above the muffler it looks like anyway.......

Those are the numbers you need to order parts for your engine........ Or just tell me what you need and I can do the work for you.......

That is a 1974 engine.... When it was put on the frame and sold to the consumer I don't know... It could have been sold to someone a year later....

Let me know what parts you need ~!~!

TheWedge

Threads
That’s actually the first time I’ve seen a mower very close to what mine is. All I know is that it’s a Briggs and Stratton motor sold by C to C made in the year of 1974

Threads
I talked to a guy today in Missouri and he owned a Coast to Coast franchies... Still does but its True Value now.....

His parents founded the store in 46.. He bought it in 79 I think he said...... He remembers selling mowers but not one made like your Giant Cutter.....

He does know about the Tom Boy though since the plant wasn't far from his town............

TheWedge

Threads
That’s pretty cool, and it still seems like I have a one in a kind mower ?