Export thread

1968 Toro whirlwind electric mower model 18300

B

Biggredd

Hello to all. My name is Biggredd and I live in the Kc Missouri area. I have been having trouble with finding any info on this mower. It is a 1968 Toro whirlwind electric mower model 18300. I have joined multiple forums with avid Toro collector's and they have never seen one let alone own one. I have also contacted Toro and was told all they know is it was made in 1968. So what do you guys think? Thanks again for having me.

Attachments

B

Biggredd

See no info lol

Mark Widmer

Mark Widmer

I googled Toro whirlwind electric mower and found this guy in New Jersey with one.

Doing the same search at ebay shows lots of manuals (various years, not necessarily 1968) for sale:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...3&_nkw=Toro+whirlwind+electric+mower&_sacat=0

Thanks for bringing up this mower -- I had no idea electric mowers have been around for that long!

Mark

p.s. Welcome to the forum.

B

Biggredd

Thanks Mark appreciate your time and info.

B

Biggredd

The guy in New Jersey looks to have a 68 gas powered Toro whirlwind mower. Thanks appreciate it.

Mark Widmer

Mark Widmer

The guy in New Jersey looks to have a 68 gas powered Toro whirlwind mower.

Ah, you're right, the photo clearly shows a gas engine on the mower. Did not occur to me that they'd use the same model name for both mower types.

Padroo

Padroo

I looked around too and only found gas mowers. They were ahead of their times and didn't know by how much.:thumbsup:

Looks like a keeper.