Engine 14PB Surges

Backfire

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member: Aerospace engineer with a hobby of being a frugal lawnmower owner. Former H-D mechanic.

Just bought a used 14PB push mower with the Kawasaki engine. Impressed by the quality and design, lots of power. Starts right up.

Just one issue: the engine surges.

Is it the governor? Carb? Ignition?

Appreciate your answers.

briggs

Threads
New member: Aerospace engineer with a hobby of being a frugal lawnmower owner. Former H-D mechanic.

Just bought a used 14PB push mower with the Kawasaki engine. Impressed by the quality and design, lots of power. Starts right up.

Appreciate your answers.

i would try a carb clean first and use high test gas
can u please post a model number off the engine thanks

Last edited:

Hammerdown

Threads

Appreciate your answers.

Hello Backfire
That Kawasaki engine should have a Mikuni Carburetor on it. Is is Partially Plugged in it's Low speed Mixture jet due to More than Likely Ethanol Gas. The Low speed and high speed gas jet's work in Conjunction with each other so both must be free of Trash. The Carburetor will have to come off the engine for a complete cleaning to stop the surge. Once it is clean and back on the engine it should run fine

Backfire

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you all for your help. I appreciate it.

Looks like I'll be cleaning the carburetor!