13hp won't start

173abn

Threads
went to look at my SIL Huskee rider today.It has a 13hp Tecumesh.He says he cut grass with it last week but had to chock the heck out of to keep it running.Today it would crank and crank but no start.Took the plug out and there was spark but noticed it was bone dry.I sprayed a bit of starting fluid in the carb and got it to start but not keep running.The carb had gas at least to the bowl because I took it off.could something in the carb be plugged that's not allowing gas to get in?I could keep it running with a constant spry of starter fluid but thats it.if it's the carb where could I buy a replacement ? I sure would like to fix this problem and any help is much appreciated....russ

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post all numbers from engine data plate as well as model & serial numbers from tractor data plate.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
went to look at my SIL Huskee rider today.It has a 13hp Tecumesh.He says he cut grass with it last week but had to chock the heck out of to keep it running.Today it would crank and crank but no start.Took the plug out and there was spark but noticed it was bone dry.I sprayed a bit of starting fluid in the carb and got it to start but not keep running.The carb had gas at least to the bowl because I took it off.could something in the carb be plugged that's not allowing gas to get in?I could keep it running with a constant spry of starter fluid but thats it.if it's the carb where could I buy a replacement ? I sure would like to fix this problem and any help is much appreciated....russ

Is there a solenoid on the bottom of the carb that may not be opening? It would prevent the gas in the bowl from being drawn into the fuel nozzle.

173abn

Threads
update,got my SIL's mower running again today.the old carb was trashed so I put a new one on.running like a champ....russ

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
update,got my SIL's mower running again today.the old carb was trashed so I put a new one on.running like a champ....russ
Good deal, when posting in the future please include all numbers from tractor & engine data plates so we can locate necessary information as well as parts, etc., thanks.