10323 bogs in high grass

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
More questions, no answers. What is the serial number of the unit? Did you purchase new or used? What do you mean by “high grass”? How much are you taking off when trying to cut “high grass” ? Has the blade been sharpen recently? What is your wheel height setting? With answers to these questions we will be better able to tell you how to proceed.

fdsinozich

Threads
Cut the lawn last week at 3", again this week at 3". Runs at 3100 rpm and bogs under minimal resistance. The blade is new, air vane moves freely. I've had the mower six years. I'm at a loss what to try next.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ll try to help you, but you didn’t answer all my questions, so I might be wrong. You only answered 2 of the 6 questions I asked, so I’ve only got two possible causes of the problem. I would check is if the exhaust ports are clean and wide open. If they are plugged it will not allow enough fuel in under load. You also may have an idea jet clogged, not allowing enough fuel into the air horn under load. That’s all I have from what you posted.

intruder1500

Threads
Cut the lawn last week at 3", again this week at 3". Runs at 3100 rpm and bogs under minimal resistance. The blade is new, air vane moves freely. I've had the mower six years. I'm at a loss what to try next.
New blade does not mean sharp blade. Also. any grass build up under the deck? If yes this will really slow the mower down. Also, are you bagging the clippings? Cut lawn at 3" ....what do you have the wheels set at ? Lots of things can cause bogging including wet grass. Best of luck!

fdsinozich

Threads
My understanding is that when the rpms drop the flywheel turns slower causing the vane to release pressure on the spring increasing rpm. Could be I don't know how the governor works.
The wheels are set at the 3" setting (one click below highest setting), dry grass and the deck is in clean underneath. Mulching, not bagging.

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Have you cleaned your exhaust ports? Lots of users don't know about that. I got one for about $20 one time that "worked fine since new but now has no power at all" When I took the muffler off I could swear it only had two ports, both almost completely plugged. Opening those THREE ports up made her run like new!