10 HP "L" Head binds up

Colton16

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I Have a 10 HP Briggs and Stratton "L" Head engine. It worked fine up until now. I can no longer make a full 2 rotations of it without it "Seizing" only it doesn't seize because I can turn it the other way for about 1 1/2 turns before it will seize again. I took the fly wheel off about a week ago to inspect the alternator but I used it between now and then for a good 20 min. I took the sparkplug out and same thing, so I'm sure its not a valve issue.Today I took the flywheel off and put the nut back on and tried tuning it with a ratchet. I didn't want to break it, but I still applied a good amount of force to it. Also when it does turn I hear some odd grinding noises coming from within the engine. Ive done overhauls on these engine before and am fairly experienced but I really don't want to take it apart as I don't have a lot of time. I'm not sure what the major malfunction is:confused2:?????? Any ideas or suggestions thanks
Colton

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Piece of carbon came loose and preventing piston from coming to TDC. Or foreign material entered engine and causing problem. Best option would be to remove the head and check it out.