10 h.p. briggs in a 3410 can not get it started

chris w

Forum Newbie
Threads
i brought home a 3410 and can not get it started have cleaned carb and put new needle and seat, has spark to new plug i do not think it is getting fuel to the plug any idea's will not start on starting fluid,thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it won't fire an starting fluid, then I would be looking at other things, like flywheel key, valve seats, compression.

chris w

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it won't fire an starting fluid, then I would be looking at other things, like flywheel key, valve seats, compression.
thank you it has been sitting for awhile i did have it running 1 time then it stopped and never run again,guess i will tear into it farther

BustedKnuckles

Threads
I agree with ILENGINE, check the flywheel key. This has happened to me twice after removing/installing flywheels and not getting them tight enough. It will run briefly but no more after the key shears. If that checks ok, disconnect the kill wire completely to see if it will start. If it does, then diagnose the electrical connections/switches.

chris w

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok checked for flywheel key and was able to get it started again but it was very hard to get it going did a compression check and it was 60 while cranking but drops off so rings? valves? while it was running it did not smoke but did notice the plug was black soot covered, i am thinking there is not enough compression to draw the gas up to fire thanks