06 Flatlander wheel motor

DC fan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all! Thanks for any help.
Mower: '06 Dixie Chopper XWF 2700-60 bought new - with no problems over 14 yrs. & 976 hours.
Problem: suddenly lost the left drive, no warning. My hydraulics man opened and examined the pump and says it's ok. Could a wheel motor fail instantly? (he has not examined the motor, which is still on the mower.) My local form DC dealer says I should replace both pump and motor, but at a cost of 2500+ I want to make sure that is my only option.
Again, thanks for any help.

nickmell

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all! Thanks for any help.
Mower: '06 Dixie Chopper XWF 2700-60 bought new - with no problems over 14 yrs. & 976 hours.
Problem: suddenly lost the left drive, no warning. My hydraulics man opened and examined the pump and says it's ok. Could a wheel motor fail instantly? (he has not examined the motor, which is still on the mower.) My local form DC dealer says I should replace both pump and motor, but at a cost of 2500+ I want to make sure that is my only option.
Again, thanks for any help.
I'm not going to be much help since I just bought a 02 xw2500 that wasn't driving on left side. Not sure what wheel motor you have since they changed from white to parker from what of read but if you search your wheel motor model number you can find seal kits for cheap. Just paid $50 shipped for seal kit for mine with a white motor. Empirehyd.com is where I found the kit and they were able to cross reference number to make sure I got the right one. My motor also has two smaller push on lines that the fittings were stripped on so idk if maybe that was causing some of my issue or not. Just put seals in today so I haven't been able to try it.

DC fan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your input. My pump and drive motor are both made by White. The local hydraulics shop gave the pump a clean bill of health, so I took off the wheel motor which they are checking now. This shop is in almost daily contact with White, so I hope they can find and fix the problem without having to lay out the big $$$ for a new one.. I will post how things turn out on this thread.

nickmell

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your input. My pump and drive motor are both made by White. The local hydraulics shop gave the pump a clean bill of health, so I took off the wheel motor which they are checking now. This shop is in almost daily contact with White, so I hope they can find and fix the problem without having to lay out the big $$$ for a new one.. I will post how things turn out on this thread.
How did you end up? My pump ended up being bad so I rebuilt it but now I'm having issues with the wheel motor.

DC fan

Forum Newbie
Threads
It turned out the pump was bad. We tried two pumps that were supposed to fit, but both had the incorrect gear where it attaches to the trans. A new pump from the DC supplier is $3,507.83, which is INSANE! That's 1/3 of the price of the mower when new. I bought a well-maintained used DC w/ 500 hrs. I'm still holding out hope for a used pump or a rebuilder but until that time my old mower is behind the barn
under tarp. .

Attachments

• DC pump 4.JPG
    DC pump 4.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 3

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did you guys by chance check the in put shaft and the shaft in the T-Box to see if they were stripped. A sudden stop like that usually indicates the shaft or T-Box is stripped especially if the T-Box has been run dry. https://www.jthomasparts.com/parts has wheel motors for less than $800.00

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Retail through D/C $2551.15

benedefin

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can say that this motor works pretty well if you do not use the mower often. Otherwise, it can cause inefficient performance.
If you want to get rid of this problem, I can advise you to use a more powerful option, that is 48V BLDC motor. It's a natural diamond to me, so I'm sure you'll find it helpful.
My dad's lawnmower had the same thing as yours, and he changed the motor. It helped solve this issue of lack of performance, so hopefully, it will be more effective for you as well.