Recent content by Will9000

  1. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    Yes, I have pulled the covers, but on this particular Kohler, there are no valve adjustments. It has hydraulic lifters
  2. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    That's what I'm leaning towards. Worn cam or something else that's not worth it to fix
  3. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    Hours unknown, the hour meter doesn't work. I haven't done a leak down test yet, but I will be in the next few days
  4. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    https://a.co/d/0iWXpKym That's the one I bought for it. It's the same one that was on it when I got it. The original carb was long gone. I think I'm past it being a fuel issue. I tried jetting and it didn't help. Seems like an issue with the #1 cylinder. It's misfiring and swapping coils and...
  5. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    Thank you! I'll report back when I get something figured out
  6. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    I also look at reviews, but they don't always tell the whole story. This one has 4.6 stars with 60 reviews. They seem to have legitimate, buyer written reviews as well. One even claiming that he had to flip the choke around, just like I did. And yes, it opens and closes properly the way I have...
  7. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    I might have to try jetting it and see what happened. It does run like it's rich
  8. W

    CV730 has me stumped

  9. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    The pulse line was weather checked and I had extra line sitting around, so I replaced that. No change unfortunately
  10. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    While it's true that I've replaced a lot of parts, they were also necessary to replace. Example, when I took the bowl off, there was a large amount of corrosion, replaced carb. When I inspected the pulleys, one had a bearing completely separated. Replaced the bearing. Engine was running on 1...
  11. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    I'll be checking that this evening
  12. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    I'll have to check that next. I've been chasing this issue all summer and every time I think I've found the cause, it decides I'm not done yet
  13. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    I forgot to list that as well. I've pulled both fuel pick-ups out (there's 2 tanks on this mower) and was able to blow through both with no problem. When I did disconnect the fuel line at the carburetor and turn it over, it seems to flow just fine. Is it possible that the pulse line for the pump...
  14. W

    CV730 has me stumped

    I have a cub cadet commercial mower with a Kohler Command CV730 on it. It starts up fine, idles decent, but when I rev it, it seems to be loading up with fuel. It struggles to rev smooth. When I engage the PTO it falls flat on its face. It starts sounding like a diesel sputtering. Parts I have...
Back
Top