That was one of the first things I did when the old filter was dirty. The bog down starts when the rear plate of the A.F. housing is even placed over the carburetor, it is 100% aligned correctly as it would be if it were fastened into place correctly, and even doing that causes bog down. What...
I meant the rocker arms oops, my mistake. And yes I checked the valve clearances at TDC of power stroke and both valves were within sepc.
As for what slowmo asked, the key is OEM and I got the key in accordance with the illustrated parts list, the airfilter is a brand new OEM filter in...
I've emailed both Husqvarna and B&S about this to bring it to their attention, given that without the air filter housing backplate the mower runs fine until it's back on, that's gotta be the issue given that everything else is good and been checked out, or is just a part of the design of the...
The air filter is OEM and the correct filter for the model according to the parts diagram. I'm starting to think the verdict is that the low power at start up is an inherent part of the mower until the muffler heats up enough to fully open the choke.
I've seen a few videos explaining how the pneumatic autochoke works, however, this model of mower only has a thermostatically operated autochoke, so it sadly does take a bit longer for the choke to fully open from a cold start as it takes time for the muffler to heat up.
The one on the right was the original A.F. plate, which the mower didn't use a primer, but an autochoke system. The one on the left was from a similar mower that also had an autochoke on it too, so I just swapped the original plate for the extra one off the similar mower. Could that explain the...
The only linkages are for the govner and throttle, and the thermostatic autochoke, both of which I cleaned and lubricated around to be double sure.
That might end up as the last resort.
I have tried using another A.F. back plate that has more of an opening on it. This one fits on the...
I watched the video yes, I did everything he mentioned. The C.C. breather tube isn't crushed and fits snugly on the back of the A.F. plate where it slides on.
I've torqued it down and even gave it some extra with my impact drill.
Further update: I took a deeper look and found that the flywheel key wasn't installed correctly, it was on the incorrect edge and was damaged, so I replaced it. That sorta fixed the problem with the rewind starter jerking back in your hand during starting, it will still occasionally do that. I...
Update: Drilling holes in the air filter plate and reinstalling it didn't fix the low power, I drilled out a big hole to open up the fuel bowl vent passageway and the mower is still bogging down. Yet running it without that plate the mower works totally fine. Furthermore, that same plate didn't...