I ended up jacking up the traction unit and using my creeper to reach and remove 4 bolts that held the heat shield in place. I was able to pull it out far enough to reach the missing plug and then install it.
Much more effort than I expected. But now I’ve got fresh plugs, air filter, oil &...
I have a Toro commercial mower 74180 and went to change the spark plugs.
The rear plug was annoying enough because I had to remove the battery to get clearance to get it out, and the front is worse.
I was able to pull the front plug, but could not thread the front plug to tighten it...
Now I feel like I have a reasonable place to start, not just trying to figure it out by looking at it.
Seeing the parts and the way things are supposed to be connected definitely gets me moving in the right direction.
I am getting excited about having this operational and also not having...
I'm sorry. I'm obviously new to the forum and I was trying to *not* complicate things by keeping separate questions separate.
I am surprised that I do not see the ID tag. The one on the mow deck is riveted, and you suggest, and I'm stumped that there doesn't seem to be one elsewhere on the...
The parking brake exploded diagram should be super helpful. Toro corporate has not been much help, and I've been on hold with a distributor for about 40 minutes hoping they could help. They specialize in golf equipment, but apparently getting actual assistance is not top of list for them.
I have a toro commercial mow deck and I want a spare set of blades. I see the Toro OEM blades (112947) and after market options, with a significant price difference. I have no experience here. Are the "bargain"blades a good value or is it better/more durable to use the Toro blades?
Thank you for the help
One step closer. Sadly I don't see *any* identification stickers here.
Where should I be looking?
I do see this on the drive motor.
And this on the back wheel of the traction unit.
It looks like the seat safety switch had failed and the previous owner bypassed it...
I just picked up a Toro Out Front Z model 78478. It's an old one, and one of the drives was replaced on the traction unit. Now, when I take the parking brake off, the unit wants to die. Can someone point me to documentation that can help me diagnose this problem and come up with a fix?
Thanks! It's serial number 390174.
I'm working on a couple of issues with it.
1. The prior owner had ruptured hydraulic lines and replaced one of the drives with a drive from a donor mower. That drive seems sluggish and weak compared to the other one. He suggested I add more hydraulic fluid...