Recent content by TiIngot

  1. TiIngot

    Hydrostatic Transmission Failure? .... Maybe Not!!

    This happened on a Craftsman T240 with the hydrostatic transmission used on many brands and now only has 198 hours on it. I am assuming other brands built by MTD have the same tractor frame. Over time transmission power drops to the point the tractor will not go up even a very small grade in...
  2. TiIngot

    2019 Craftsman T240 - K46 Transmission Failure?? Maybe NOT!!

    This tractor was purchased used with only about 170 hours on the clock for a local swim club. The tractor transmission now at 198 hours begins to lose power, especially when in reverse. Eventually the transmission did not have enough power to back up into the storage building, and I needed to...
  3. TiIngot

    D105 - Solved Leveling The Deck

    This was a lightly used scrapped tractor with 179 hours on the clock I bought for $25. The front had been hit breaking the hood. It’s been five years trying to level the blades on this deck. First yes, tire pressures are filled to spec and tractor is on level ground. The blades are not bent...
  4. TiIngot

    Craftsman T-240 Deck Spindle Grease

    No one tells you, nor is it in the owners manual that the spindle is dry inside and needs a full new tube of grease to fill two or three of them. Only those of us on forums like this know.
  5. TiIngot

    Craftsman T-240 Deck Spindle Grease

    This is probably not new news to many here. I hit an object that broke a deck spindle on a Craftsman T-240 46” mower. After the removing the original broken OEM spindle, the guts basically fell out of it. It had a grease fitting built into the spindle but from the factory, no grease was...
  6. TiIngot

    MTD - Yard Machine Front Rim Bearing

    StarTech, thank you. Other than the extensive knowledge you have accumulated over the years, how did you find the part number? When I go to web sites, the only information they have is the same parts picture as I have and list no part number for the bearings.
  7. TiIngot

    MTD - Yard Machine Front Rim Bearing

    I have been pretty successful keeping this 1998 Yard Machine in service. Model number is 13AM675G062 or just 675. It drives like a drunken sailor because the plastic bearings in the front wheels are worn out. I have the original parts manual from 1997 that shows the inner and outer bearing as...
  8. TiIngot

    Troybilt Pony Briggs 17.5hp I/C OHV Engine Missing

    This is on a 2006 Troybilt Pony, Briggs single cylinder engine. When mowing it intermittently developed a split-second hard misfire. It almost feels like it is a split second electrical short. Sometimes it is hard enough that the engine just about stalls, then picks up and runs. All I have...
  9. TiIngot

    Stuck tire

    I just had the same problem today. I jacked up the right side allowing the left rear tire to remain grounded. From the rear using a long sharp end bar (my jack handle) I put it against the rear side rim center shaft and hit the bar with a hammer, rotating the wheel and repeatedly hitting the...
  10. TiIngot

    Snapper LT125 42" Deck Belt Size, Small or Large Groove??

    Still confused. It’s leaf season and I put my home made mulch plate on the deck. I don’t want to get stuck with a broken belt mulching four yards. I ordered the shorter 91.10” belt in the wider 1/2” width and hope it fits. I think it’s easy to change so I’ll test fit it when I receive it.
  11. TiIngot

    Snapper LT125 42" Deck Belt Size, Small or Large Groove??

    Thank you for your quick reply, but I am still confused. 1. I do not know what IPL stands for. 2. Both you and I initially came up with the same part number 1732204SM. Partstree.com lists four possible belts. The one noted here is 91.10 x .34” for a shallow groove pulley. This is what I first...
  12. TiIngot

    Snapper LT125 42" Deck Belt Size, Small or Large Groove??

    Snapper LT125 Model: 2690872 Serial Number: 2014719099. The old belt shredded badly and was thrown away before ordering a new one. This unit has the electric PTO. When I go online it references two belt sizes. One for a shallow groove pully and one for a deep groove pully. How can I tell...
  13. TiIngot

    Troy-Bilt Pony 42", 2006 - Intermittent Miss/Power Loss When Mowing

    It has a Briggs 17.5HP I/C Type 0777E2 from 2005. New spart plug, valves adjusted, carburetor cleaned and rebuilt with a kit, new fuel filter, manual fuel shutoff valve added, new battery and the reverse mowing shutoff has been bypassed/unplugged. When mowing it runs fine, then a sharp sputter...
  14. TiIngot

    54 inch riding mower just clicks, won't start

    Just had same problem. Did the same thing, bought a solenoid that fixed nothing. Also jumped from battery to starter and got spark as you did. Battery terminals were clean BUT the positive cable attached to battery was rusted. Thoroughly cleaned cable end and bingo, it starts.
  15. TiIngot

    Snapper LT125 Deck Too Low

    The deck has 7 positions. The lowest sets the deck on the concrete. Levels 1 thru 5 are basically too low to cut grass unless you are cutting greens or a fairway. Level 6 is boarder line too low for the average lawn. The highest level is ok. If there is excessively high grass there is no room...
Back
Top