Looks like maybe the factory dropped it in! Pull it on out while you have hook on it lol. Of all the years I never seen that. Your filter will be on the end of the fuel line that is in the tank. BTW save it, extra parts come in handy. Hope this helps.
I say.. Let bolt a little loose.. Not too far. Tap with hammer and with a pry bar or wood at top pulley usuaually will drop down. Is stuck with that "key". I was wrong before. Make sure you do it cold. But if that doesn't work, I have got some of them loose when I let them run a while.
You talking the electric clutch! I do know you know enough to remove that bolt up inside. Before you take bolt all the way out, Hit on wrench etc and push down on pully at top with whatever u can find. Wood is good lol. Mine will pop down everytime.