Recent content by Per_XXX

  1. P

    Briggs&Stratton Powerbuilt 3130, 344cc, Low power

    Thanks.....it DID make me a bit worried.....
  2. P

    Briggs&Stratton Powerbuilt 3130, 344cc, Low power

    Hi again In the kit with the camshaft I also got this little component. When I disassembled the engine, I did not find anything like this. In the repair manulas I can not find anything either. But I dont feel comfortabel with "extra" comonents..... Any suggestions how it shall be used?
  3. P

    Briggs&Stratton Powerbuilt 3130, 344cc, Low power

    Before I adjusted the lash, it was slightly to big. Then I reduced it a bit, but no big difference in result. Both cam lobes in poor condition, The inlet REAL bad!!! Now I have ordered a new camshat and will also replace the tappets. Lets hope the valves themselves are not bad.
  4. P

    Briggs&Stratton Powerbuilt 3130, 344cc, Low power

    A lot of "grey stuff" in the oil pan. I suppose that was the remaings of the cam lobe.....
  5. P

    Briggs&Stratton Powerbuilt 3130, 344cc, Low power

    Some feeedback. You were right. :) Its a miracle that it worked at all. Almost round. But what surprised me was that it looked as if the engine had ben opened before. I thought this engine was "sealed for life". I do of course not know what was done but i must have been for a good purpose...
  6. P

    Briggs&Stratton Powerbuilt 3130, 344cc, Low power

    There it is..... Now I know what I am looking for. Thanks again, now I think I am prepared to start the work.
  7. P

    Briggs&Stratton Powerbuilt 3130, 344cc, Low power

    Thanks for support:) I will take the engine apart and see what it looks like. The compression release, is that integrated in the camshaft or is it a separate component? When I look for camshafts to B&S they look "rather normal" without anything extra.
  8. P

    Briggs&Stratton Powerbuilt 3130, 344cc, Low power

    Thanks for comment. Something like that was my guess too. The strange thing is that it came very suddenly. What do you think, risk for damages of other parts inside the engine?
  9. P

    Briggs&Stratton Powerbuilt 3130, 344cc, Low power

    Hi from one day to next day, the power was dramatically reduced. Something broken i guess, not just getting "old". I have checked the spring on the governer and the valve clearance without result. But when looking at how the valves move when turning the engine I might have something. The upper...
Back
Top