Recent content by muc

  1. M

    Hydro Gear 314-0510 FIXED

    I spent 30 years as a boat mechanic, so yes I learned common sense isn't so common. But thank you for looking out for us uninformed people.
  2. M

    Hydro Gear 314-0510 FIXED

    Ha Ha, because I'm old and forgetful. But yes, I rarely use the pedal.
  3. M

    Hydro Gear 314-0510 FIXED

    Thanks to @Tiger Small Engine , @Rivets and @7394 After cleaning the slot in the control arm, draining/refilling and purging the transaxle and a new belt. The mower has all it's speed back! Now all I need to do is relearn how to release the brake/clutch slowly! Thing takes off like a rabbit when...
  4. M

    Hydro Gear 314-0510 FIXED

    Thanks, any advice on belt brand or how to make sure there is enough tension?
  5. M

    Hydro Gear 314-0510 FIXED

    Thanks for your reply @Rivets I replaced the spring loaded pulley that provides belt tension and the belt last fall after a bunch of leaves got packed up there and started to smoke, I caught it pretty quick and had a garden hose nearby. Never saw any flames but the plastic pully was slightly...
  6. M

    Hydro Gear 314-0510 FIXED

    Craftsman DYT 4000 M/N 917.273620 Hydro Gear 314-0510 Transaxle Last year it started to lose speed in reverse, got to the point it would barely move. Did notice that if I pulled really hard on the motion control lever it would move a little faster. Forward seemed to be fine. Now this year it...
Back
Top