Recent content by Montecore

  1. M

    Briggs & Stratton OHV Plastic Engine No Compression

    Thanks for the response.....these are known as plastic engines because they have plastic flywheels, camshaft and carburetor. They are not like the late 90's and early 2000 B&S steel built like a tank engine that will last 30 to 40 years! Thank you for the description and interpretation I know...
  2. M

    Briggs & Stratton OHV Plastic Engine No Compression

    Thank you sir this is what I was thinking as well not worth the time, energy and effort to fix when you do not have the parts of correct tools for the job. I agree with you just part out what I can and scrap.
  3. M

    Briggs & Stratton OHV Plastic Engine No Compression

    Thank you sir for your excellent description this is why its not worth the time energy or effort to fix the internal issues it really is cost prohibitive especially if you do not have the right tools for the job.
  4. M

    Briggs & Stratton OHV Plastic Engine No Compression

    Trying to figure out why this engine has no compression.....I have spark, fuel and no compression. I have checked the valve lash and everything seems to be correct. So I removed the head and attached pictures to see what the experts out there think? I have before and after carbon removed. Please...
  5. M

    SOLVED Briggs & Stratton 122L02-0111-F1 Squeals after start

    Ok think I finally figured it out with ILENGINE for lawnmowerforum.com....I always like to give credit where credit is do. It appears the Susa starter system has this problem when you push on the handle bar it moves up and down which in turn pulls the cord in an out of the recoil eyelet that...
  6. M

    SOLVED Briggs & Stratton 122L02-0111-F1 Squeals after start

    Now I am thinking one of 2 things That's a brilliant idea what can I use for a metal clip? So I just pull a little bit out like an inch that place the clip to keep the slack from the starter to the handle? Or would I need more then an inch? 1) Figure out a way to keep the bar from moving up...
  7. M

    SOLVED Briggs & Stratton 122L02-0111-F1 Squeals after start

    Thanks for the quick reply. What do you mean starter head portion? Is that the pulley, prawls, springs, friction plate? Once the engine is running on concrete and if I pull the cord next to the left side of the handle I can induce the squealing noise. So I am thinking it must have something to...
  8. M

    SOLVED Briggs & Stratton 122L02-0111-F1 Squeals after start

    Thanks for the quick reply. What do you mean push handle up and down movement? Once the engine is running on concrete and if I pull the cord next to the left side of the handle I can induce the squealing noise. So I am thinking it must have something to do with the pawls not fully retracting...
  9. M

    SOLVED Briggs & Stratton 122L02-0111-F1 Squeals after start

    The squealing starts after the engine is running. If started on concrete do not really hear squeal. Start to cut grass and will hear a periodic squeal coming for pulley starter housing after my research this is what I have done so far: 1) Removed the blower housing 2) Removed the black round...
Back
Top