Recent content by Mark H_NO

  1. M

    TB90BC Bushcutter-Help

    Normally it's just a small/jeweler's screwdriver. From the doc Rivets posted clockwise leaner, counter richer. Normally clockwise will hit a dead stop. It's a good idea to note where the setting is. Turn clockwise to stop, note how many turns, use that as starting point. I didn't see a...
  2. M

    engine will not run

    That can do it.
  3. M

    TB90BC Bushcutter-Help

    Did you try adjusting mixture? Check service manual Rivets linked.
  4. M

    2004 727k2 won't charge battery

    What have you done to diagnose? Voltage regulator is suspect, could be various issues with wiring. You may have already done this, but I'd check/clean all battery/solenoid connections, connections to ignition switch etc. Voltmeter on battery, before starting, running, after running, etc.
  5. M

    TB90BC Bushcutter-Help

    I would replace the fuel lines. The primer can draw from the carb to the tank. That can end up pumping more air than you'd expect. If it starts well, I'd assume the prime system is working. Where was the filter you replaced? Was it in the tank? Check on what Rivets said too.
  6. M

    TB90BC Bushcutter-Help

    Have you checked the fuel pickup and fuel lines? It sure seems like it's not getting enough fuel.
  7. M

    engine will not run

    Just in case, check fuel flow to pump and to carb. Pull line from tank to pump and see if it flows. If it does, replace, and go to carb. If not, blow into fuel line with compressor and try again. If it's better, clean tank and fuel pickup. Next pull line from carb, crank engine and see if...
  8. M

    Dead in the water,

    So, engine stopped running? What happens trying to restart? If it suddenly completely quit, sounds electrical. Check the safety switches, battery connections, fuses, etc. I suspect seat switch. My mower had a safety on the grass chute that always tripped.
  9. M

    Dead in the water,

    Duplicate
  10. M

    Husky CTH1736 Governor Spring.

    It looks like there's a hole under the link.
  11. M

    Starting Issue

    It's a good idea to change the oil, if fuel has been leaking into it. Watch out for cheap shutoffs, some need to flow one direction, and it's not always marked. They can also start leaking, so keep that in mind. I just had to replace one of mine for leaking.
  12. M

    Parasitic draw

    Definitely check on that cable, and I'd check the solenoid/ignition switch as well. What I was talking about with the remote solenoid is that lots of them have easily accessed connectors, unlike yours. I figured you understood about remote.
  13. M

    Parasitic draw

    Well Pete, that's a remote that's less accessible. I'd check the solenoid wiring and function. Disconnect from starter, connect battery. Check for voltage at the solenoid starter terminal with key off, on, and in start. Obviously, it should only have voltage with key in start position. If...
  14. M

    Parasitic draw

    If it's a remote solenoid, it's often a more accessible connection than at the starter. 2 big wires at solenoid, 1 is battery, 1 is starter.
  15. M

    Parasitic draw

    Solenoid mounted to starter, or separate(remote), I believe.
Back
Top