Recent content by Little Fish

  1. L

    Fixing the $50 Pony (oil change to start)

    So I would want to use an oil specifically designed for small engines that has that in it, then? And what weight would I need? If there is a resource for that info, that would be great. I just haven't been able to find anything for this engine specifically.
  2. L

    Fixing the $50 Pony (oil change to start)

    Also, the fins and guard look pretty much pristine. At least from the top. If there is something underneath that I need to clean, I can give it a shot, but I'm ready to run this once I have some oil in it.
  3. L

    Fixing the $50 Pony (oil change to start)

    Would that be better than the 5w 30? What is the difference other than the zinc content?
  4. L

    Fixing the $50 Pony (oil change to start)

    I just got a Troy Built Pony model 13AN779G766 from my neighbor for $50. It didn't run but it does now... After charging the battery, draining and replacing the oil, and reconnecting the carb to engine hose (1/2" hose, I think is probably for vapor to the cylinder). Anyway, it was smelling hot...
  5. L

    How does CCs affect blade power and torque?

    I tried that. I only have the bag for the mower (just found it as I was cleaning out the garage the other day) I tried to open the side discharge. I don't have a chute, so it just clogged immediately (I had a stick to hold it open). Same with the rear discharge, except it only clogged if I...
  6. L

    How does CCs affect blade power and torque?

    This is a new craftsman. I think it may have changed since B&D bought them out. But it may he the same, who knows.
  7. L

    How does CCs affect blade power and torque?

    I did that. You're right that the tip cuts most of the grass initially, but then the other parts come into play for mulching and throwing it into the bag. Even after sharpening, it was not very good. Definitely improved, but not great. Thanks! Any recommendations on where to find one? And are...
  8. L

    How does CCs affect blade power and torque?

    I love PF! Thanks for the advice. That's exactly what I needed.
  9. L

    How does CCs affect blade power and torque?

    My yard is a swamp. It hasn't rained for 3 days and there's still standing water...
  10. L

    How does CCs affect blade power and torque?

    Sounds like you need a tractor and slope mower LOL. (One of the ones the highway teams mow weeds with)
  11. L

    How does CCs affect blade power and torque?

    That all makes sense. Thanks!
  12. L

    How does CCs affect blade power and torque?

    Even the riding mowers? I know the push ones are (HF has one vertical shaft and like 20 horizontal ones, which is why I'm interested in a rider (since no one would care if I mod a $200 broken rider and effectively make it a sleeper LOL)
  13. L

    How does CCs affect blade power and torque?

    Oh, that's what I need to do. Find someone to marry who had no idea why I don't like mowing and let her do it LOL. That makes sense, I suppose. If I had welding equipment, I'd make my own mower deck and strap something on it. But I think you're right about mods like I'm talking about. Though...
  14. L

    How does CCs affect blade power and torque?

    About 60x80 and the front 50x30. Only reasons I can think they would take longer than a walk behind is they are underpowered, slow, or the yards have a lot of obstacles. And the difference is that I would be able to sit and enjoy the breeze, as opposed to walk all over and push something while...
  15. L

    How does CCs affect blade power and torque?

    I don't want to bag. I never said anything about a bag, other than the bag chute had to be open. (I don't own a bag, so grass was just flying). No, it's not safe. No, I didn't like that solution. I did that because I had to. I came here to ask what engine size I would need to do the job. I got...
Back
Top