Recent content by Lbbdoc

  1. L

    Gets Hot, Shuts Down

    Hmm, not familiar with that. I'll look into it. Thanks.
  2. L

    Gets Hot, Shuts Down

    Tried that, no luck. thanks though. Doesn't stumble or cough, stops instantly. That's why I thought electrical and replaced the coil. Engine cover and fan are plastic. Clean underneath and the fan is new. I thought there might be a short or ground in the seat kill switch so I bypassed...
  3. L

    Gets Hot, Shuts Down

    Starts and runs great, then shuts down immediately. I replaced the coil and then bypassed the seat cut off switch, still no luck.. Thinking maybe I got a bad coil. it's a B&S 33R877 in a Craftsman tractor mower, 8 years old.
  4. L

    Too Much Oil?

    There are some shrouds I will have to remove to check that out when I get a chance. Meanwhile, I found these numbers - MODEL 33R877 - TYPE 0002 G1.
  5. L

    Too Much Oil?

    There are numbers everywhere! Not sure what is what but will try to get something this evening. I did find a sticker with the oil capacity listed as 48 oz. I put 36 oz in and it was all the way up to the very top of the dipstick. I had to let some out to get it within range.
  6. L

    Too Much Oil?

    I checked several sources and they say my Craftsman T2200 riding lawnmower with the Briggs engine should hold 1.7 liters of oil, which is over 50 oz. I checked the dipstick after adding 36 oz. and it was way overfilled. Do some of the engines take less oil?
Back
Top