Recent content by Kparent

  1. K

    Lt42e blade motor failure

    Thank you, I’ll see what my son has planned for the machine. It’s disappointing for me to see how enthusiastic he was, how much he invested, and now how his attitude on that machine has soured. I have a feeling he’s done with it.
  2. K

    Lt42e blade motor failure

    turns out he has a spare controller already. I told him what you said. There is little enthusiasm on his part now to repair the mower, the cost of yet another motor is prohibitive. Can the blade motors be rebuilt?
  3. K

    Lt42e blade motor failure

    It’s actually my son’s mower. He is addicted to all things electric, does own a single gasoline motor, even his cars. He’s given up on the cub cadet and just purchased a green works machine which is doing fine so far in its short lifespan to date. I’m keen to fix the cub cadet. I’ve fixed my...
  4. K

    Lt42e blade motor failure

    Electric riding mower lt42e, blade motors fail. after one year, have replaced left once, right twice. After second replacement right failed again. the only thing I’ve done besides replacing motors is keeping the deck clean without using water
  5. K

    Valve setting specs

    Thank you!
  6. K

    Valve setting specs

    7.5hp engine Model number 12c113-0251-e1 Where can I find the correct lash?
  7. K

    Head gasket?

    Reset the lash to .006 using ovoovc method. The engine now starts repeatedly without hesitation! There were mice nests and caked on debris under the cover when these problems began. I cleaned it out then but I cleaned it all again more thoroughly getting between all the vanes with a plastic...
  8. K

    Head gasket?

    The new head arrived today. It has been replaced. the lash was set at .004 using the method prescribed. the engine had a tough time getting past compression. This requires turning the key two or three times until it turns over. Once the engine turns over it starts right away and runs...
  9. K

    Head gasket?

    Should I have replaced both heads?
  10. K

    Head gasket?

    I opened the valve covers only to find a bent exhaust pushrod. The intake rod is fine. Both of the rods on this side were replaced last week. The rods on the opposite side were replaced two weeks ago while replacing that head. Both of those rods are fine. I used the machine once to mow the...
  11. K

    Head gasket?

    Alright. I’ll try that. Thank you
  12. K

    Head gasket?

    How much does my methodology affect the settings? I saw two methods of setting these. One, and what I did was, bring the cylinder to top dead center, both valves closed. Set both at the same time. The other method was to bring the cylinder to top dead center but advance the flywheel an...
  13. K

    Head gasket?

    All four valves were set to .005 when the pushrods were recently replaced. Upon rechecking all four are still at .005. thx
  14. K

    Head gasket?

    My engine is a Briggs and stratton 441777 0726 e1.
  15. K

    Head gasket?

    Was able to remove bent pusher rod from crankcase with magnet. Replaced cylinder head and rods. Ran rough when starting. Checked rods in opposite head, both bent. Replaced them. Engine runs very smoothly. however…one final problem…engine turns over most of the time but sometimes i turn the...
Back
Top