Recent content by Gescha

  1. G

    Echo was working but suddenly no more

    I've had my own shop for 40+ years. Don't need a model or serial number to tell him to have the carb rebuilt. And if he runs a 40:1 mix instead of the 50:1 it will last a lot longer. Our state workers that cut 8 hours per day 5 days a week know this secret. Most of you are treating this man...
  2. G

    Echo was working but suddenly no more

    Ok.....lets all calm down......I've been doing this type work for 40+ years. I don't need a model number to tell you it would easiest just to get a kit and rebuild the carb. Just be careful when turning those adjusting screws because that also changes the amount of lubrication your engine gets...
  3. G

    Kawasaki twin cylinder engines maintenance

    Compressed air is your best choice. People who wash their engines are causing slow death to it. Once a year or so, it may be worth removing the shroud and other covers to do a really good cleaning between fins.
  4. G

    Used oil

    I took 33 gallons to my local Walmart and dumped it into their waste tank yesterday. Bring a pair of disposable gloves.
  5. G

    Used oil

    I either take used oil to Walmart or burn it as fuel in my Deuce and a half
  6. G

    T2500 / 917.20378 Rear Axle issues/leaking

    It's unfortunate that everyone that posts on this forum is not an expert like you think you are. But, you are entertaining.
  7. G

    New HRX Frustration

    It is so unfortunate when these type things happen. I know you'd like to have that Honda. I also am a Honda fan. But, once I have this kind of problem with something that is new......well, I would have to return it. I restore old Honda Motorcycles and have rebuilt Honda mowers and generators...
  8. G

    Kohler twin oil pressure

    What oil and viscosity are you using? And what is the high temperature where you are using this equipment?
  9. G

    Can't find 30W oil anywhere in my area, or on line.

    Non detergent oil is ok for my older Gravely mowers but please use high detergent oil in more modern engines.
  10. G

    Can't find 30W oil anywhere in my area, or on line.

    J Just bought Castrol straight 30 weight oil from Amazon. It was also on Walmarts web site for a bit less a few weeks back.
  11. G

    Craftsman Rider dies

    Are the parts that you replaced factory parts? Or, did you use cheaper aftermarket parts?
  12. G

    John Deere JS38 push mower

    You have a bad coil. When it heats up there is no fire. When it sits for a while and cools......it will work again until it gets hot.
  13. G

    Briggs 18.5 hp Wont Run

    You're jets in the carb are clogged up. Remove them and clean all passages.
  14. G

    Toro Zero Turn smoking

    Change the valve guide seals.
  15. G

    20 HP lawnmower difficulty cranking

    I had the same problem with my gxv620 on a Hustler zero turn mower. The problem of your starter has nothing to do with valve lash. The fix for my problem was to replace the starter solenoid. Honda refers to it as a starter switch. To be perfectly clear it can also be a problem with your ignition...
Back
Top