Recent content by gbrewer

  1. G

    Suddenly stopped, fuel leaking from bottom part of carburetor

    My Craftsman T310, with Kohler KT735 stopped the same way, would not start, fuel dripping directly onto muffler. Had a friend tow it to the garage, removed shroud, removed fuel line from carb. Then I pulled the spark plugs and found fuel in the right cylinder. The engine would turn over then so...
  2. G

    Mower drive belt problems

    SO, the owners manual lists a different part number for the ground drive belt but does not give a size. Part No.160855. When I looked it up it shows correct length (95.5"). The other part Number I used shows 95" AND 95.5". We'll see what happens when new order arrives. Thanks to all!
  3. G

    Mower drive belt problems

    Hey thanks: I'll check out the owners manuals and see if I've got the wrong one.
  4. G

    Mower drive belt problems

    Got a used (well) Craftsman EZ Series 6 speed Model 917.270810 with B-S 19.5 I/C Platinum. Ground drive belt was cracked and very worn. I ordered a new belt Part No. 532138255. I had to fight the new belt on. Double checked routing. There is not enough slack in the belt to stop the rear end from...
  5. G

    MTD Parts. I need. Can't find. Can someone help?

    Thanks Rivets, They have the parts! I knew that someone on this site would be able to help.
  6. G

    MTD Parts. I need. Can't find. Can someone help?

    Hello everyone. I'm working on a MTD 141-848H118 46 inch mower deck. The left side spindle (with two 5 inch pullies) is locked up. I was able to find the replacement spindle and have ordered it. I'm unable to find the replacement pullies: top pully part number 756-0520, bottom pully part number...
  7. G

    Husqvarna YTH21K46 Engine surges, hunts.

    FOUND IT! Bushing/Gromet Kohler Part Number 25 158 08-S. good luck. Hope you never need one! Thank you all for your time and consideration.
  8. G

    Husqvarna YTH21K46 Engine surges, hunts.

    Here is a picture of what I am talking about. Thank you for your input.
  9. G

    Husqvarna YTH21K46 Engine surges, hunts.

    It fits inside the hole in the governor lever ON the carb; then the gov linkage arm fits in the gromet/bushing.
  10. G

    Husqvarna YTH21K46 Engine surges, hunts.

    I'm talking about the nylon gromet/bushing that the gov. linkage rod attaches to the carb lever.
  11. G

    Husqvarna YTH21K46 Engine surges, hunts.

    Speaking of carburetors; there is a little nylon gromet, bushing, in the governor lever. Some carbs I've ordered have this part, others do not. I cannot find a part number anywhere for this part. Can anyone offer help? INFO: Kohler SV610 3213 engine.
  12. G

    Husqvarna YTH21K46 Engine surges, hunts.

    It's fixed. Found that the adj. screw for low idle bottom left on rear of carb was MISSING. I had a carb that came in a repair kit; so, I replaced the carb again and all is OK. Numbers: Husqvarna YTH21K46 Mod. 960450026 01, Ser. 063011A021729. Engine: Kohler SV610 3213 Ser. 4113815753 21H.P.
  13. G

    Husqvarna YTH21K46 Engine surges, hunts.

    I've done all the stuff. New carb gaskets, new exhaust gaskets, new sparkplug, fresh gas, new fuel filter. Engine starts well, then begins to hunt. Governor lever cycles back and forth. I adjusted the gov setting but problem continues. Carb has no fuel or other adjustment screws but one on top...
  14. G

    Tips for blade sharpening, how do ya’ll do it?

    After research on blade sharpeners, I saw one American model that cost $269.00. I found a sim looking model on temu for $56.00 and ordered it. I had to do a few little mods at the joints for smooth action. I use a flapper disk 36 grit and get amazing results. Adjustable angles for different...
  15. G

    YTH24V48 - Will Not Start

    I have the same mower and the same problem. 1. renewed start switch (old one checked ok for start B+S+A1. 2. Renewed solenoid (old one checked ok). 3. Renewed clutch/brake switch (a real pain in the A**) old one checked ok but was torn up too bad to reuse. 4.Jumped clutch/brake at plug white...
Back
Top