Recent content by DWSarow

  1. D

    JD LX277 PTO bolt keeps breaking off

    I had the neighbors lx 277 drop the bolt,the part of the inside pulley part didn't fall out,tho it's cockeyed and won't go back up and inside to reattach the bolt.You can wiggle an mess with it all you want.Whats the solution?
  2. D

    Z121S Lawn Mover bolt for Blade broke off in the Final Drive

    My old semi fleet mechanic friend use to tell me impact wrenches are for taking fasteners apart.He would always hand start the fastener, any abnormal hand feel,visual inspection,thread file or thread chaser,not tap.Then ratchet to tight.I didn't have his experience so I used my torque wrench...
  3. D

    Z121S Lawn Mover bolt for Blade broke off in the Final Drive

    The right grade clean quality bolts with no boogered threads in either part ,tightened to the proper torque will solve your problem.I would look for a thread maintainer,not a tap,their is a major difference.The tap is for cutting new threads in a hole.The thread maintainer,moves and massages the...
  4. D

    Safety Seat Switch on Kubota T-2290

    Thanks for quick reply guys . I'm not putting my Grandaughter in any kind of harm.She is a very mature 15 year old Women with her temps for driving a car.Since she is so light,that's the stutter we're getting.Driving a simple lawn mowing hones her skills.Confidence in different situations on...
  5. D

    Safety Seat Switch on Kubota T-2290

    On my tractor my Grand Daughter doesn't weigh enough to keep the safety switch from shutting off the tractor.I haven't checked it out but I'm looking to disconnect and probably make a jumper to keep the circuit intact.Is that correct,for those that have done it???
  6. D

    NASTY surprise from Toro on filler plug

    It's too late for you,but a good idea for any future mower purchases is to learn the machine.What I mean is,come to this site,read about all the info on the machine you are thinking on buying.When you go to the dealer you have knowledge to ask questions,observe parts in stock.Ask the tech if you...
  7. D

    looking at Kubota lawn tractors

    I have a Kubota T-2290 with the 42 inch mower.I bought the mulching kit,changed blades and closed off the discharge opening.I removed belt guards to I believe too much grass around belts and pulleys is not a good thing.I have had it three years,mowing and pulling lawn sweeper for fall leaves.I...
  8. D

    2022 Kubota T2290 Drive Belt Replacement

    When you say,the right tools,can you explain in more detail.Thanks,it's always best to stay ahead of the game.Way back in 1970,we had an Ariens 26 inch cut rider.You could tip it up on it's square back to change the blades and clean the deck.The handle bars,steering wheel flipped over so you...
  9. D

    2022 Kubota T2290 Drive Belt Replacement

    Oh my!It sounds liked you exhausted all options.What did you do with your tractor?Will you now be on the JD forums with the same name?Good luck,you've been a great addition to this forum,that's why I came here,to learn and contribute, enjoy your new tractor and take care.
  10. D

    2022 Kubota T2290 Drive Belt Replacement

    I just went in to my local Kubota dealer to enquire about the repair manual,after unfortunately reading about your experience.They didn't have one for me to look thru,said 3 weeks and 115 dollars,ouch! I passed and I am going to another town,farther away where I originally bought my tractor.Im...
  11. D

    2022 Kubota T2290 Drive Belt Replacement

    I was hoping for great results and many good tips on tools used and techniques. I really like my machine and didn't expect this out of a fairly expensive machine
  12. D

    2022 Kubota T2290 Drive Belt Replacement

    My question is how are you getting the tractor up high enough to safely work under it?
  13. D

    2022 Kubota T2290 Drive Belt Replacement

    Good luck,keep us informed
  14. D

    T2290KW No Start

    Thanks guys,we still have snow here in Wi.
  15. D

    Kubota T2290 Belt

    Do you happen to be on another forum?It's 'Orange Tractor Talks'?,Maybe someone over there can help!Good luck.If you do go there,check,Service,Repair&Maintenance.About the third line down,ultimate help,coachgeo
Back
Top