Recent content by diverjer

  1. diverjer

    Safety Switch on control arm and starting

    Well I believe I found relay and not number online manual said, will have to look at my own manual, think I know where it's at. No room to work on it from what I took off here (under key,clutch,choke, throttle plate) would have to take cover fender off which is not obvious on how to do. Then I...
  2. diverjer

    Safety Switch on control arm and starting

    It could be there and I wouldn't see it unless I took cover off.
  3. diverjer

    Safety Switch on control arm and starting

    1] The orange with 12v should drop to zero with the arms out. I tested that out and it does as you said. When I pull plug out of safety switch my jump across the two orange wires will start engine and even engage clutch and allow blades to run. I turn off clutch as don't want feet to go under...
  4. diverjer

    Safety Switch on control arm and starting

    I should have added all those tests show nothing wrong, that is the way it should work. Also, that is my new switch from last year. Yet there are times it just doesn't work, even when I manually push in safety switch. Then I jump across the solenoid. Another option other than jumping...
  5. diverjer

    Safety Switch on control arm and starting

    Took the meter out and tested the switch to see if I remembered how to bypass switch and also to test things. The switch itself has 4 prongs. The plug with wires that attaches to switch has 4 prongs, but 5 wires. Two blue wires on top front go to one prong and one black wire across from the...
  6. diverjer

    Safety Switch on control arm and starting

    Will see if I can find any relays tomorrow, can't find them in parts manual (paper version). Found online parts manual for mower and did search, showed it had one 40A part (532 10 97-48), but said not shown in the diagram. Doesn't look like they cost much, if I find it will try a new one.
  7. diverjer

    Safety Switch on control arm and starting

    I have a Z248F that has always had some starting problems. Seems to be that switch below the left control arm? If i get mad enough I just use screwdriver across starter solenoid. Sometimes I just lift seat up pull in the left control arm and push in the safety switch button back flat against...
Back
Top