Recent content by Dexterb

  1. Dexterb

    Noisy drive belt while idling YTH22v46

    When idling the pedal shaft shakes and clatters. If I push forward slightly on the pedal it reduces this activity, which simply seems to reduce tension on the pulleys and the belt. If I just hold the pedal tightly with my hand it stops clattering too. I replaced the worn drive belt and the...
  2. Dexterb

    YTH24V48 dies whenever blade engage switch is pulled up.

    I had this same problem. On my YTH22v46 it was the interlock safety switch on the lever itself (underneath the plastic dashboard thingy). I replaced mine for about $11 on Amazon - search for Stens 430-550 Interlock Switch. If that is the problem with your mower it might be worth looking into.
  3. Dexterb

    Husqvarna LGT 2554 front wheels bowing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I had the same problem for several years on my 2015. Caused the bearing on the front tires to fail, requiring me to replace both tires. I finally bought a pair of LH/RH drag link arms for $35 on Amazon to replace the originals. The great thing about these are that I can adjust them for proper...
  4. Dexterb

    YTHJ2246 Making a Racket.

    Here are three things to look into: - Both deck spindle assemblies - Idler pulley bushing - Mandrel pulleys (one attached to each spindle) Might be easier to remove the deck and kind of spin each one while things are quiet. Feel for play that shouldn't be there, or grinding, or things like that.
Back
Top