Recent content by dakotamar

  1. D

    engine runs full out after 'rebuild' 287707 14.5 OHV

    have to look for one, i did order one off ali and should have it by the end of the week.
  2. D

    engine runs full out after 'rebuild' 287707 14.5 OHV

    ok, so i got thinking, maybe i can't turn that shaft well enough with plyers. so i put the socket on it and yes there was play to adjust. adjusted the position and now I can use the throttle to lower the rpm. engine is running better. I have to pick up a tach as it is still running a bit...
  3. D

    engine runs full out after 'rebuild' 287707 14.5 OHV

    will have to open it up again and take a look...thanks for your input guys
  4. D

    engine runs full out after 'rebuild' 287707 14.5 OHV

    loosening off the nut and trying to move the governor and there is no play in the shaft, something must be jammed up inside?
  5. D

    engine runs full out after 'rebuild' 287707 14.5 OHV

    I took this engine apart thinking the compression release was bad. turns out it was ok. put it all back together but the governor does not work or I screwed up something. If i push the governor arm forward to the front of the engine the rpm's will go down. does the governor control arm...
Back
Top