Recent content by cliffeby

  1. C

    Interior House Paint Costs Any Lawn or Garden Pros Have Insights?

    Comments seem to focus on the price of paint. My experience is that prep needs and the quality of the prep work is where the painters' cost vary. I assume you are painting drywall or plaster - both imperfect surfaces. Joint cracks, tape and corner bead needs to be repaired properly. Your...
  2. C

    Robotic lawnmowers

    Congressional Country Club uses robotic mowers exclusively for the rough. They work all day and night and cut well in the rain. The rough is now a consistent height and patterned irrespective of weather. I have a zero turn Huskavarna. Works well but I’d like to have another three hours a week of...
  3. C

    Robotic lawnmowers

    Does anyone have experience with any of the robot lawnmowers that are all the rage on Facebook? Looking for one that can handle 3/4 acre with frequent tree debris. WiFi covers about half the area and would prefer no proximity wire.
  4. C

    Ryobi RY253SS 2-cycle trimmer dies after about 10 seconds

    I always use starting fluid without an air filter to keep it running when I don’t know if it’s air, spark or fuel. My experience says it’s your fuel filter.
  5. C

    Battery charger confusion

    To bring it up to charge, use the 10A setting. To maintain for a month or more of non-use, use the 2A setting.
  6. C

    No power to the PTO clutch

    I had same issue and as described it was my PTO switch. Mine was melted so I knew it was the step 1. Cheap replacement on Amazon. I checked the amperage draw on replacement and it was fine. Been good for over a year. I assume the contacts get dirty and resistance overheated the switch.
  7. C

    Safety switch problem on Husqvarna Z248F zero-turn mower

    I posted this some time ago. You need to make sure that the seat and both arm switches are working and aligned. Easy to focus on the wrong part. I have a Z254 and had a similar problem with the left arm. For over a year, it would cut the engine when it moved just slightly inward. Turned out...
  8. C

    Kohler ECV870 misfiring

    It sounds like a condenser issue on an old points type ignition system. I don’t see it in your diagram but does the ignition system have an ignition capacitor? I replaced mine two times before I got one that didn’t fail after a few minutes.
  9. C

    Safety Switch on control arm and starting

    I have a Z254 and had a similar problem with the left arm. For over a year, it would cut the engine when it moved just slightly inward. Turned out that the right arm switch was loose. Check it and make sure it is staying closed when the arm is in park. Since I adjusted the right-arm switch...
  10. C

    Husqvarna z254f dies as when move control arm

    Very helpful. I found that it was not the button part of the switch that was sticking, but the actual switch. I have a loose parking brake on the left lever, so I assumed it was the problem. The left switch was very loose and wobbly. Loose is the correct condition. A little WD40 to the...
Back
Top