Recent content by Ckain2026

  1. C

    XT1, 7000 series

    thank you..
  2. C

    XT1, 7000 series

    ok, I'm getting spark and it's firing on both cyls now. So I just wanted to get it adjusted close to specs. I remember the business card gauge now that you mentioned it. I'm running at about .045, does spark increase, when the air gap is decreased. just curious. Thanks.
  3. C

    XT1, 7000 series

    Yes, it's a Kohler 7000, 22hp Briggs. I discovered the coils were sitting 'screwy'. Right side cylinder has working but coil was about .040 - .050 from the head and one side different then the other. Then looking at the left side coil, it was at .080 & 090. (stacking my feeler gauge)...
  4. C

    XT1, 7000 series

    I have one cylinder that is very weak. engine wont run on just that one. runs quite well on other side. My spark checker shows no spark. Is there a common problem with this model/engine ?? Thanks.
Back
Top