Thanks Bertsmobile1. I thought I had checked Stens but must have missed it as my dimensions match the Stens 280-850. I realize I can replace the bush but seems the metal dust shields would get destroyed removing unlike the plastic versions no? I have never rebuilt one with metal shields so...
I guess I should not say it eats pulleys as I just got this 2010 BB from a neighbor to replace my 2003 cub Z-force in which I only replaced two bearings on that unit. In going over everything I see the idlers all need replacing which I’m 10 yrs would be expected at least once. I also based my...
All good points. I was referring to pulleys with dust seals so that I could grease in the future vs replace. The metal dust seals are not removable without destruction that I know of. I plan to drill small hole and “needle- grease” and see how that works before I replace. I have drilled...
Anyone locate an idler pulley that has the plastic caps that you can pop off and grease bearing? Seems BB 4.75” is odd size and the caps are metal and not removable. These don’t seem to last long and $21+ adds up long term.