Update - I replaced the motor with the exact engine and my brother has used it all summer. I'll bring it back home next spring and give it a good inspection and fluid and filter change
Thank you. This motor is a single cylinder unit that is notorious for cracked engine blocks. They are also known for vibrating like they are coming apart and mimicking the crank coming apart when the bolts holding the engine onto the frame come loose. The bolts attach through the frame from...
I've been trying to get my brother's Husqvarna with a 21hp Kohler courage running smoothly. Problem I have been fighting is I tighten the bolts that attach it to the frame and it smooths out for a test run. Try it again a few minutes later and I get the dreaded sound like it's going to blow up...
So, it started knocking when it didn't knock before. If the counterweight has become sloppy enough to start knocking, isn't it likely to come apart and destroy itself and/or the case? Is it possible to change the counterweight?
My brother tasked me with fixing his Husqvarna. It knocks crazy loud when running. Not much on YouTube other than checking and tightening the bolts to the frame. It's tight to the frame. The block is not cracked so I'm hoping to get it quiet and back to him. Any suggestions other than a teardown...
The auger drive belt won't stay on. It has never stayed on and I believe that the belt is either wrong or stretched. I asked the mechanic if it was a possibility and he said no.
I have a 4 year old Husqvarna tractor and in the fall of 2021 I purchased a snowblower attachment for it. I am a mechanic and my brother-in-law is one too and we installed the unit according to the supplied instructions. It never could complete a snow clearing event without failing. This past...