Toro SS 5000 Electronic Brake Won't Release

Gooser

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a Toro SS5000 model number 74631. It starts but the electronic brake won't release. This spring the starter was stuck so I replaced the battery and starter. Now it starts but the E brake is stuck. I have replaced the electronic brake module, the solenoid, the switch and the two switches under the control handles. If I manually release the brake as soon as i turn the ignition on the brake sets again and will not release. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Something is not hooked up correctly, or you may have gotten a wrong part when you started throwing parts at it, instead of going through a troubleshooting procedure. Here is the service manual which should help you out. https://www.toro.com/getpub/78978

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IF the module got blown again Toro will not honor the part warranty if you did not replace the wiring harness. Usually the weather proof will corrode due to water getting into the connector which isn't supposed to happen but it does anyways.

I had replace a brand new controller and the part vendor tired to get out of the warranty too by saying that I had to replace the harness. I had them there as I also brought and replace the harness at the same time. That first replacement module went up in smoke just sitting on the repair yard.

I have since order the connector housing and the terminals so I just replaced the bad harness end now. No replacing the whole harness when you can repair it.