ZT1 Ultima Zero turn hard to veer left.

Dhplap

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I have a brand new ZT1 Ultima 42" zero turn with about 2 hours on it. Today after mowing for about 20 minutes I noticed that the right steering handle was hard to push forward when I wanted to go left. When I pull back on it though it's easy (normal). I checked for obstructions but didnt find anything. The left side is working good though. Has anyone come across this issue before. Thank you for any help you can give.

cruzenmike

Threads
If you can, check to make sure that there are no visible obstructions in the way of the right control lever. There are linkages and sometimes dampers on these drive controls and something might be bent or bound up in there. A machine that new, you should be reaching out to the manufacturer to have them look into it. I know that is not something that you want to hear, but sometimes with a new machine, the best things to do is to get the manufacturer involved asap so that you can start the dialogue and put it on the record that you are having an issue.

Dhplap

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you can, check to make sure that there are no visible obstructions in the way of the right control lever. There are linkages and sometimes dampers on these drive controls and something might be bent or bound up in there. A machine that new, you should be reaching out to the manufacturer to have them look into it. I know that is not something that you want to hear, but sometimes with a new machine, the best things to do is to get the manufacturer involved asap so that you can start the dialogue and put it on the record that you are having an issue.
I'm going to look it over really good this morning and see if I can find anything obstructing it. Also, called dealer yesterday and he said it would be at least 2 weeks before he could look at it so hopefully I can figure it out. Will update later. Thank you.

Dhplap

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I have it working good now. Didnt really do anything except move the handle back and forth with the engine off. Also I engaged and disengaged the hydro release bars. After that it is working great. Must not have been pushed in all the way from vibrating or something. Anyway, thank you for the help guys.