ZT Elite 60 left brake sticking (or something)

Garacuda

Threads
I bought this mower new, maybe 2-1/2 years ago, but I only have about 25 hours on it so far. My wife will often cut the grass on the John Deere tractor while I'm working, and I just get to look at the ZT or move it around from time to time. The last couple of times I got on it to move it, or mow a little, the thing feels like the left drive wheel is locked up.

I feel it bogging down and the right wheel tries to spin me around, and there's not always room to do that where it's parked. I've operated the parking break on and off again with no luck, and finally just power up and break it free. But I'm afraid I'm going to really break something doing this every time, and it shouldn't be doing that crap anyway. :mad:

Anyone else have this problem? Could it just be the brake sticking, or have I got an axle/trans issue? It's a dandy mower, once I get it to move, and I have to set the brake to start it. I've thought about just shutting it off without the break, and just applying it at start up. But that's still not telling me what's going on.

I've got to adjust the steering a bit anyway this weekend, so I don't mind pulling a wheel if there's something I can do to correct the problem.

Thanks for any and all information.

Mower King

Threads
I bought this mower new, maybe 2-1/2 years ago, but I only have about 25 hours on it so far. My wife will often cut the grass on the John Deere tractor while I'm working, and I just get to look at the ZT or move it around from time to time. The last couple of times I got on it to move it, or mow a little, the thing feels like the left drive wheel is locked up.

I feel it bogging down and the right wheel tries to spin me around, and there's not always room to do that where it's parked. I've operated the parking break on and off again with no luck, and finally just power up and break it free. But I'm afraid I'm going to really break something doing this every time, and it shouldn't be doing that crap anyway. :mad:

Anyone else have this problem? Could it just be the brake sticking, or have I got an axle/trans issue? It's a dandy mower, once I get it to move, and I have to set the brake to start it. I've thought about just shutting it off without the break, and just applying it at start up. But that's still not telling me what's going on.

I've got to adjust the steering a bit anyway this weekend, so I don't mind pulling a wheel if there's something I can do to correct the problem.

Thanks for any and all information.
You won't see any braking parts from taking the wheel off. The brake is internal and the brake lever is on the outside of each wheel motor toward the inside of the mower. If you want to start the mower with out setting the brake to see if it's locked up or not, just leave the brake off and reach down and push the brake interlock switch with your finger and it should start.

Garacuda

Threads
Great idea, I'll give that a try tomorrow,........ uh, I mean later today. Thanks!