ZD326 Blade problem

Bigjellym

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a used ZD326 that has a loose blade. I cant seem to tighten it. My question is does the blade take two concave washers, one above the blade and one below it?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't have a parts book for that model & can't access one down here
The FZ2240 I service uses 2 cupped washers under the bolt however it will clamp the blade fine with one, but the blade slips cutting tussock grass .
If yours needs 2 they will both go under the bolt not over & under the blade.

lugbolt

Threads
From bottom up:

bolt
spline boss
TWO cup washers-cup faces up (toward blade)
blade
blade spindle (dust) shield (sheet metal cup)

if you don't have the spindle dust shield, the blade will never tighten up. It acts as a spacer and is required.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What Bert you don't have access to KPAD?

Also the OP will to determine which ZD326 for later parts lookups.
ZD326 versions.JPG

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What Bert you don't have access to KPAD?

Also the OP will to determine which ZD326 for later parts lookups.
View attachment 55747
Well ,sort of.
We get diverted to the local host site which only has locally sold mowers on it.
One of the reasons why I came here in the first place
Some local franchise distributors have to pay an access fee to allow local customers to access the main web site for a lot of brands .
Too many people trying to make too much money from too small a turnover has the public locked out of a lot of web sites.
And the Kubota site had geographical lock out on it unless you are on the dealer network .
When I had a landline I could URL spoof & pretend to be in the USA or EU but now we have been saddled with the 4th world NBN that does not work any more.
The old B & S web page was the same and a lot of other sites are not accessable from OZ unless you go in via a dealer portal .
Search for a Husqvarna model from OZ that was not sold in OZ through the dealer network brings up a not found.
Same mind set as Stihl denying access to some Zama information if that model was fitted to a Stihl tool unless you go in through the dealer net .

wineman

Threads
I just bought a used ZD326 that has a loose blade. I cant seem to tighten it. My question is does the blade take two concave washers, one above the blade and one below it?
You are missing some washers. You can always wrap steel wire around the bolt and tighten it that way.

Shady oak

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have have 3 Kubotas. 2 wtih 60” decks and a 72” one. All have the same blade setup.
all three use two concave washers, cup end up. I use an air impact on mine to take them off and on. NeverSieze on both splines and threads. I would never run it with one washer. Not sure of others, but if that dust cover is a spacer on mine, I am in trouble. It’s made of sheet metal.

eddieirvine

Forum Newbie
Threads
Exactly what Shady said i use battery impact they work well to take it off and install it, they have to be that tight or they will loosen up and can come off, i had that happen already