Zama carburetor identification

gkitf16

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a McCulloch Eager Beaver IV 28cc 2-stroke blower with a Zama carb. I can't quite figure out Zama's model # for it to order the correct carb rebuild kit. I see that it's a C1U, but there are several other numbers/codes that don't match up in their parts lists. Here's a couple of pics showing the code1-1.jpg2-2.jpgs stamped on the carb body.3-3.jpg4-4.jpg5-5.jpg6-6.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And while you are buying parts. some new fuel lines are in order.
Pulling them out so the tank can seal agains a new place is a very temporary fix .
There is a Stihl ( I think ) single hole fuel tank grommet that I use a lot to get a better seal .
Not totally sure of the part number as I bought 1000 from a supplier in China

gkitf16

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys. I'm pretty good at basic diagnostics, I just was missing the model number syntax used for Zama's. Do you happen to recall the fuel and return line sizes? if I recall they were 2 slightly different sizes. They usually are pretty snug to push on when new. I have found heating a cup of water then soaking the end for a moment to soften helps a lot. When it cools, it's not coming loose!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Both lines in your image appears to be the same size 3/16 od lines.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't know the actual size, and don't bother to try & memorise it because some makers use different size OD's
And yes the intake is a smaller diameter and thicker walled tube to prevent it collapsing
The return line is thicker id and thinner wall

gkitf16

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don't know the actual size, and don't bother to try & memorise it because some makers use different size OD's
And yes the intake is a smaller diameter and thicker walled tube to prevent it collapsing
I thought one was smaller. Ordered a 4 size pk. of Tygon 2 ft on ebay, genuine Zama primer bulb, Zama RB-29 kit and fuel filter. Thank you for your help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Commonly when two different size it is obvious when view in images. The two most common sizes is 3/32" x 3/16" (2.4mm x 4.8mm) and .080" x .140" (2mm x 3.5mm). There is also one above this that old Homelites use which is .117" x .211".

But when replacing lines here I just pull out the two bulk lines and take them to the work bench.