Z915B won't crank, turn over, start

rogerru

Threads
i have 2 Z915B zero turns and they have worked fine until now. one has developed an issue that has me stumped. i hit the ignition switch to start and there is a faint click and a louder buzz but won't crank, turn over. nothing. nor does the hour meter show. the click/buzz sounds like it's coming from under the instrument cover. i've replaced the ignition switch and the 2 relays under there. no change. battery is full but i still tried a jump. i've jumped around the starter sol, no change. the sound it's making is not like a solenoid. it's a definite buzz coming from (i believe) under, inside, around the console cover. i don't know how to use a meter so i replace parts. yes, i'm a parts replacer. i have ignition switch, pto switch, relays , safety switches, etc. i need input, thoughts, suggestions please.

Luffydog

Threads
Have your battery tested sounds like its bad

rogerru

Threads
sorry. failed to mention. battery tests full. also, i purchased (and installed) a new one. can always use a spare.

dfbroxy

Threads
It sounds to me like a safety switch has come loose or gone bad. There are a few of them. Seat, PTO, oil level, and deck to name the major ones. Check your users manual to see if I missed any.

Threads
It sounds to me like a safety switch has come loose or gone bad. There are a few of them. Seat, PTO, oil level, and deck to name the major ones. Check your users manual to see if I missed any.

A safety switch won't cause what he is experiencing he is getting power from the battery.. If a switch is bad it won't click or buzz.....

Roger......Sounds like a bad ground to frame or a bad hot connection / corrosion on a main cable somewhere........

Take the main cables off and clean well with a brass wire wheel on a drill...... Clean all areas where they touch...... Ground and hot cables, even the starter lug.........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

rogerru

Threads
what i haven't had off is battery hot cable on the starter. i will do it regardless. i still can't figure the buzz at the console. i'll take all off the starter. let you know monday.

rogerru

Threads
all connections at the starter have been removed, cleaned and are bright. reinstalled, no change. i don't know where else to try the bad connection theory or what else to do. so, please help.

dfbroxy

Threads
Use a voltage meter to see if you are getting power at the starter when you turn the key. If so then your motor is frozen or your starter is bad. If no power at starter then test your silinoid.

rogerru

Threads
don't know much about a meter but i touched across the terminals on the starter just enough to get a bump out of the starter. puzzling to me is that with the ignition switch in just the on position, there's no hour meter display. so, even if the starter was stuck, there should be power at the hour meter. yes?