Z325 shuts off when brake is diengaged

Mimbs07

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, having an issue here. JDZ425. I used about 2 months ago and everything and it ran fine and all. I cranked it other day and soon as I went to disengage brake. It shut down. My deat switch is already bypassed. So I went and another brake switch although my meter showed me it was working. I have bypassed the arm switches as well. Same thing no change. So with the brake switch bypass and seat switch. While running PTO and arm kill it as it should. Idk where else to look.. some advice would be greatly appreciated

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Mark the OP is referring to the Z425 and not the 425. these are to different animals. But yes safeties are there for the Operator and any other things around the mowers.

I hope the OP 's deat switch is actually the seat switch. On the Z425 it is a NO switch.

What he needs is wiring diagram for the Z425 then the troubleshooting can begin as without you don't what needs temporary bypassed or jumper-ed and which in combination. Unless the OP knows how to read these diagrams it is a waste of time.

I personally don't have the Z425 service manual at hand currently as I never had one these in the shop and will not buy one until I do.