Z248F Clear Cut deck mulching kit plates poor design

nextdoorsux

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wondering if anyone has run into this issue with their Clear Cut deck mulching kit plates. Mine happens to be a 48" Clear Cut deck on a Z248F (26 Kohler). I think Husqvarna has redesigned the plates to add supports, but I have the old style that easily bend when something is hit that grabs the leading edge of the plates. The right side plate as viewed from the driver seat is the worst for bending because of the unsupported length. I think I've pulled these things off four times so far in a couple years to straighten them. They are a terrible design unless all you mow is property completely void of any objects that can catch the plate.

The past couple days I've been looking these things up on the web and pictures show they have added supports about halfway on the plates that grab the reinforcement around the lower edge of the deck and help hold the plate up to the deck. I can't find a dealer or even Husqvarna support that knows anything about these new designed plates and there's a long wait to buy them.

Today I got to looking at it and figured what I could do that should work, and save some bucks since I can't buy just the new plates, is to cut some maybe 1" pieces of angle and bolt them to the plates and deck edge to prevent anything from pulling the plates down if they catch something. After some measuring and rough mock-up it's looking like it might work better than the new style plates.