Z 830A Bypass Valve

Whooper

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. To start, my apologies. I am new to the forum and don't know how to send this to all members...and whether or not that is appropriate... I have a John Deere Z830A mower and need to tow it up a grade. I bought it used without a manual and want to disengage the trans. I've searched online to no avail. I haven't been able to find the release valves. Can anyone help, please? Photos or drawings would be great. Thanks!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Even the owners manual don't have the instructions in it. I just downloaded and looked.

Okay on the inside rear of each of the hydro transaxle there is a release screw. (see attached image of the RH transaxle, LH is just reverse of this.) Look under the rearend to find these. Carefully lot loose materials (ie Grass and dirt) so wear safety glasses to keep this out of your eyes.

It usually they have a drilled through hole in the side of it. You loosen them only enough for the mower to free wheel. Warning don't fully unscrew them as check valve parts will be lost.

1685278264274.png

Whooper

Forum Newbie
Threads
Even the owners manual don't have the instructions in it. I just downloaded and looked.

Okay on the inside rear of each of the hydro transaxle there is a release screw. (see attached image of the RH transaxle, LH is just reverse of this.) Look under the rearend to find these. Carefully lot loose materials (ie Grass and dirt) so wear safety glasses to keep this out of your eyes.

It usually they have a drilled through hole in the side of it. You loosen them only enough for the mower to free wheel. Warning don't fully unscrew them as check valve parts will be lost.

View attachment 64732
Thanks for your help. I'm about to tackle this. Cheers.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hmmm I only know one bypass per unit.

Eaton HA series per service manual. The only other thing that looks like one is the oil level sight glass.