Z 225 muffler

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Got a JD Z 225 that is about to go back but they want the muffler replaced at the end of the season cause the grass is growing 18" a week right now .
According to JD it is # AM137317 which looks to be identical to B & S 807752 except it has 3 holes
Are these interchangable if I drill a 4th hole in the muffler mounting bracket ?
JD superceeded it to AM 138404 which appears to be the std Intek underslung 4 hole muffler

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hmmm I can't find a picture of the AM137317 or the AM138404 so can you image the old muffler?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They are the standard B & S rectangular underslung mufflers as fitted to most AYP mowers externally
Actually most AYP mowers full stop and a lot of the Murrays we got down here
I have a new single & twin cylinder one in stock ( came with the business ) so assumed they were a B & S part .
Both are 4 hole mounts
I have just finished reworking one fitted to a Vanguard powered 4W steer Noma ( same as the Husqvarna ) to replace the Kohler suffering the Kohler Krack .
Down here JS want over $ 200 for the muffler and it is a backorder item.
Problem is what is remaining of the existing muffler will not survive being removed so once I start there is no going back .
And I can do without yet another 2 billable hour jobs that takes the better par of 3 days to do .