YTH26V54 Front End Trouble

levlarry

Threads
I just bought a used 2013 Husqvarna YTH26V54. The man I bought it from said it needed a wheel alignment. When driving it around I noticed that the right wheel barely touched the ground and seemed to actually not touch the ground sometimes when turning right. Both tires are just about worn out from the toe out. I bought the machine, Changed the link rods and spindles but not the bushings. Some bushings worn out. Ordered the bushings. Anyway, after changing the spindles and link rods, the toe out seems to be about the same. Is there something that would keep the front tires from making good contact with the ground and cause the toe out? Any ideas of how much trouble I bought? Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The front cross member .
people do it up too tight, With the front off the ground it should flop up & down with little finger pressure
People smack into gutters & other stuff and that bends the axels back and also bends the tie rods that go from the wheels to the fan gear

levlarry

Threads
The front cross member .
people do it up too tight, With the front off the ground it should flop up & down with little finger pressure
People smack into gutters & other stuff and that bends the axels back and also bends the tie rods that go from the wheels to the fan gear

levlarry

Threads
Thanks for the response. Where is the cross member? Is that what the axle sits in? The axle is free and moves up and own freely. Should I change the axle and the bushings? Would that help? I have already changed the wheel spindles and drag link rods connected to fan gear but didn't change fan gear.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Kinda unusual for the front axle to be not having both front contacting the ground. I have never seen this problem especially with a cast iron axle assembly. As Bert eludes to must be some kind of bind preventing the axle to self level.

As for the toe out yes the wheel bushings being worn out can cause this; otherwise, you might need make manual adjustment to the tie rods using a hydraulic press.

levlarry

Threads
Kinda unusual for the front axle to be not having both front contacting the ground. I have never seen this problem especially with a cast iron axle assembly. As Bert eludes to must be some kind of bind preventing the axle to self level.

As for the toe out yes the wheel bushings being worn out can cause this; otherwise, you might need make manual adjustment to the tie rods using a hydraulic press.
Thanks for the response. I will try to post pictures tomorrow of the right wheel almost off the ground when turning right. I am considering replacing the axle shafft and axel shaft bushings. On a Husqvarna Support, someone else had a similar problem and the tech said either spindle or bent support bracket but I can't find support bracket on any Husqvarna diagrams.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Front axle support is part of the main frame and is not available separately from the frame. The arrow indicated the front axle support bracket.
YTH front axle support.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No,
The cross member goes into the support and the axels sit in the ends of the cross member.
Crud and in particular sticks can get stuck between the cross member & the support brackets which prevent it pivoting around the centre bolt .
And then you get the illinformed who tighten the pivot bolt so much that the cross member can not pivot thinking it will take the slop out of the steering.
Please get your parts book from the Husqvarna web site ( it is free ) and look at page called STEERING ASSEMBLY

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bert if you are referring to item #2 in the following image Husqvarna does called it the axle with spindles on the ends.
YTH front Axle.png