Your favorite pastime

ReggieDeere

Threads
When it's a nice day and all the work is done, what activities do you enjoy doing to pass the time. I'm a big fan of hiking personally. I love the mountains!:biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
favorite pastime ... = Mowing :biggrin:

ReggieDeere

Threads
I love mowing too, but I meant besides mowing, working in the yard, anything that qualifies as work. Something that is purely recreational.:wink:

favorite pastime ... = Mowing :biggrin:

harleyron74

Threads
Motorcycles and 4X4 trucks. I have A 1938 Harley EL (Knucklehead) with a sidecar and A 1976 Harley FLH Police Special. I also have A 1969 BMW R-69S motorcycle, I also have A 1995 Ford Bronco, A 1995 Ford F-150 Super cab, A 1979 Ford F-350 and A 1979 Dodge D-150, Repairing them has become A full time avocation for me.
I also like to weld (A handy skill to have if you own old iron) I have 7 welding rigs 2 gas,one MIG,one TIG and 3 arc.Seems like A lot but they are at different locations and most have followed me home from auctions. I bought the MIG new and it cost me the most at around 500 bucks but the rest only ran around 200 bucks apiece on average.
In my younger days chasing women was A hobby of mine until I nearly got caught by A couple of them so i gave it up for safer pastimes.

Good Luck!
H.R.

Rip

Threads
I like to sit around and think about things I need to be doing.

rip:biggrin:

Zeroturn

Threads
Oh my... really who thinks mowing is their favorite thing? It's something that has to be done so it gets done. I would rather be swimming, hiking, camping, biking, sleeping, reading a great book while laying on the hammock.
That is why we bought the zero-turn... so we could cut our mowing time in half.

mystreba

Threads
Without question, it's building stuff. I can honestly say that 100% of my home is under some form of construction. Reconfiguring roofs, replacing windows, moving staircases, gutting bathrooms... the list goes on and on. I'm lucky to have a wife who understands my "passion". If she came home tomorrow and the side of the house was gone, replaced with plastic sheeting, she wouldn't blink an eye (this actually happened). I have at least 50 projects going, and I've managed to get this far without being officially diagnosed with ADHD :wink:

Greenblades

Threads
I love sitting out in the netted gazebo and watching the fireflies come out right before it gets dark...you know, when there' s that blue cast over everything. Especially I love smelling the grass and trees when its moist and breezy.