YHT180 Fuel or electrical? Cranks, no start. New Carb and pump. Has spark.

Enoob1

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / YHT180 Fuel or electrical? Cranks, no start. New Carb and pump. Has spark.
Have the above older rider. Was not starting and decided to replace the carb and the fuel pump. Still not starting. Turns over fine and will fire if spraying starting fluid in carb. Tried second pump of better quality as I see the cheap ones are not good. I am getting fuel out of the pump on the line that goes to the carb, when cranking. I only seem to get a click from the carb solenoid occasionally when turning the key. Not sure if It should click each time. New battery and cables. Not sure what the issue is and what to check next. Thinking something maybe electrical?

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Kohler CV18 Twin cylinder?
You should hear the carb solenoid click when you put the key in the ON position, not start, but ON. and it should click each time you go from OFF to On.

Enoob1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kohler CV18 Twin cylinder?
You should hear the carb solenoid click when you put the key in the ON position, not start, but ON. and it should click each time you go from OFF to On.
Thank you. Yes, CV18twin. I get a click only occasionally. I did jump the ground off the top of the carb since that is easy to do and no change. The solenoid wire goes under a cover and have not removed that to check further. Where does that connect to? I see a relay as well but not sure if that is involved. Plan to clean the ignition switch terminals up some. Is there a voltage to check on the wire going to that solenoid?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
should get very close to exact battery voltage at the solenoid wire.

Enoob1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Waiting to get back and check this, but to further trouble shoot; what is next if the voltage is there and what to do next if it is not? Unsure if there is a relay in that circuit or just the switch.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Waiting to get back and check this, but to further trouble shoot; what is next if the voltage is there and what to do next if it is not? Unsure if there is a relay in that circuit or just the switch.
Well go to Husqvarna web page download he owners & parts manual
One of them will have the wiring diagram in it .

Enoob1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a switch in that circuit........replaced the ignition switch and all working well again. Thanks for the replies.