Yellowjacket pto clutch

Yellowjacket

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need a pto clutch for a 708 cc ppredator engine from harbor freight the engine has a 1 in shaft is there such an animal i was told by extreme clutches that predators don't produce enough ele power to run a clutch properly also is this even a lawn mower engine. Harbor freight is nooo help at all.

Last edited:

Richie F

Threads
Google your question.
Are you wanting electric or mechanical ?
I did.

Yellowjacket

Forum Newbie
Threads
I may be able to use the pto i took off other mower. I found some shaft sleeves on line that increase shaft size and will accept a1/4 key way and will hook it up to battery

Yellowjacket

Forum Newbie
Threads
I may be able to use the PTO I took off the old mower shaft. I found some shaft sleeve online that will bring it up to inch and an eighth with a keyway slot and I'll connect directly to the battery

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't see what your problem is.
The clutch is engine independent just so long as you get one that has the same hole diameter as the Predator.
The clutches are MOWER dependent not engine dependent as it has to have enough strength to turn the blades, have the right anchor point and wiring.

The clutch mob were also right about the Preditors , they are the cheapest of the cheap & as such have low output alternators many of which can not kep up with a heavy clutch.
So in 3 years or so the stator will be burned up and the battery will always be running flat