Yard Machine 638 RL only goes in one speed

myeardie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys new to the forum. Sorry in advance for the long post. Helping a friend fix a Yard Machines 638RL 6 speed shift on the go. Put a new upper drive belt on and it worked great all six speeds ran great. Put new blades on it by standing mower up(in hindsight shouldn’t have done that). Now mower will only go in one speed. I checked the VSP and it is moving freely. I have done the adjustment procedure as displayed on sticker on mower. I have noticed that the mower will move faster if we apply rearward pressure on the brake/clutch pedal. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.89B987B9-1B23-44BE-9397-563CC5DD8D7B.jpeg7BBF582D-C851-40E0-BB9A-2A1570A9540D.jpeg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
And that is one of the reason why both belts have to be changed at the same time because it throws off the sync if running one new belt and one old belt.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Either the spring has fallen off the lower tension arm or the linkages have gotten hung up
As for standing up I do it all day every day with no problems provided the battery is removed & fuel line blocked.

All the sped lever does is restrict how far the pedal can move
Tip it back up and have a good look .